Introducing the new and improved Polysun 5.8
Nearby and row-to-row shading
Graphic visualization of the controller connections
|With the new shading editor you will be able to incorporate nearby-shading into your Polysun Designer version immediately. In a matter of seconds, objects are taken into account based on distance and height. The dimensions of the objects added are then reflected on the horizon line, allowing greater precision in site data entry and yield calculation.|| ||From now on, Polysun Designer users will be able to enjoy the new controller connections visualization feature. This new feature makes it possible to know instantly how a system is controlled; both the location of sensors (in blue) and the controlled element (in red) are shown. Thanks to this new feature, Polysun makes it easier for users to create new schemes and improve control settings. |
| || || || || || || |
| || ||Horizon editor|
Length: 2:45 min
| || ||Controller connections|
Length: 1:02 min
| || || || || || || |
Polysun 5.8 Release – Overview of new features
New developments for all Polysun versions
- Impeccable Polysun reports are provided in a variety of formats (PDF, Word, Power Point, Excel, HTML).
- An ENEV report now provides results in a format that conforms to German standards.
New developments for Polysun Photovoltaics
- A new shading editor allows users to account for row-to-row shading as well as shading caused by nearby objects in the easiest possible way.
- The amount of electricity used for self-consumption can now be recorded as an annual value (sum of all counter readings) or as an annual profile.
New developments for Polysun Solar Thermal and Heat Pumps
- Visualization of controller connections: both the location of sensors (in blue) and the controlled element (in red) are displayed.
- The collector model for unglazed absorbers has been expanded so that energy may be also generated if the collector temperature is lower than the ambient temperature.
- The concentrating collector model has been expanded and integrated with a number of collectors. Newly listed items include Solarbeam, a two-axis tracking parabolic collector manufactured by Solartron and NEP PolyTrough 1200, a parabolic trough collector.
New catalogue and database updates (for the Professional version and above)
- 7600 PV modules from the Photon database (worldwide)
- 600 inverters from the Photon database (worldwide)
- 200 solar thermal collectors (SRCC OG 100 certified) (North America)
- 2 concentrating collectors (tested under the SRCC 600 standard) (worldwide)
- 6 SunMaxx water tanks (USA)
- 4 A.O. Smith water tanks (USA)
- 3 Lochinvar water tanks (USA)
- 10 Rheem water tanks (USA)
- 3 Northern Lights Solar Solutions water tanks (Canada)
- Solar Building Company from UK with 18 PV modules and 18 Samil Power inverters (UK)
- 20 Bosch water tanks (Brazil)
- 200 solar thermal collectors from the Solar Keymark database (Europe)
- 100 solar thermal collectors from the SPF database (Europe)
- 22 Stiebel Eltron heat pumps and 22 water tanks (Germany)
- 16 Sailer multi-layered water tanks (Germany)
New hydraulic and photovoltaic schemes
- 5 SunMaxx solar thermal hot water schemes (USA)
- 4 UMA solar thermal hot water schemes (USA)
- 20 Bosch solar thermal hot water schemes (Brazil)
- 3 Solar Building Company PV schemes (UK)
- 13 Northern Lights Solar Solutions solar thermal schemes (Canada)
- 3 Solcrafte solar thermal hot water schemes (worldwide)
- 14 Rotex solar thermal and heat pump schemes (Germany)
- 3 Sailer solar thermal multi-layered storage tank schemes (Germany)
- 13 Apsilone solar thermal and heat pump schemes (France)
- 1 Polysun space heating scheme with ground-source loop regeneration
- 1 ground-source loop with load profile
- 1 typical reference system for existing hot water and space heating without solar
*2 Spanish solar thermal multi-tank hydraulic systems
- 3 unpressurized Chinese solar thermal hydraulic systems
- Standard pumps in Polysun have been replaced with optimized eco-pumps.
- Polysun Installer, Uninstaller and Updater always require new compulsory Administrator rights with Windows 7
- Decimal digits for economic viability extended to 3 decimal places